What are my options to transfer my existing mortgage?
Transferring your existing mortgage to your new home is called porting your mortgage. Our mortgages allow you to:
- Transfer your existing interest rate and mortgage balance.
- Avoid prepayment charges upon your approval.
How do I manage my property taxes?
Property taxes must be paid and maintained by the homeowner. We may ask for evidence of paid property taxes each year. Most municipalities offer monthly payment programs. Contact your local tax office for more details.
What are my options to refinance?
By refinancing, you can reduce your monthly payments and save on interest charges. It is your choice how the funds from a refinance are used:
- Consolidate debt into one easy payment
- Pay outstanding Canada Revenue Agency debts
- Renovate your home
- Go on a dream vacation
- Take advantage of a new investment
Calculate your savings to get started.
How do I renew my mortgage?
Complete your renewal agreement (mailed to you 45 days prior to your existing maturity date):
- Select a term, initial, sign and date the renewal offer.
- Fax, email or mail your documents within the self-addressed and prepaid envelope.
- Check that the renewal agreement is received on or before your maturity date.
Don’t hesitate to discuss your options with one of our renewal specialists at 1.866.441.3775.